All aspects of health are important, but are you remembering all of them?
Of course, there’s mental, spiritual, and physical health. But physical health should really be divided into two: external and internal health.
Internal health involves things like what you’re eating, your blood pressure, and organ function. When it comes to external health, think about your environment. The air in your home, cleaning products, and the cookware you use.
So many clients have told me that this is the hardest part about trying to live a more natural lifestyle! There’s so much to consider, like:
- The food you are eating – is it organic? What’s the sugar content like? Where are your meat and dairy products coming from? What are the cows eating and what is their living condition like?
- The products you’re using on your skin. Is your moisturizer full of ingredients that are actually harmful to your skin? Is your perfume disrupting your hormones?
- The products in your home – What are you cleaning with? Could it be toxic to your health? Are the candles you’re burning putting carcinogens into the air that you’re breathing? What about your clothing and bedding – things that touch your body for hours on end. Where are those materials coming from and how are you cleaning them? Are the pans you cook with leaking chemicals into your food?
- Supplements – if you’re already into holistic living, then you’re probably taking some supplements, but they’re not all created equal. Are you buying vitamins and supplements from your local drugstore full of additives and fillers? Or are you investing in high quality supplements coming from reputable holistic companies?
Phew, is your mind spinning after that? I know, it can be so overwhelming. If you’re just getting started, here are a few tips to get started in the right direction.
- Take a deep breath – don’t panic. This is an entire lifestyle change, and you can’t do it overnight. Start small and simple. For example, if you’re wanting to switch to a more natural laundry detergent, just wait until you run out of your current one and then switch to a natural brand or make your own. You don’t have to throw everything away today! Just make different choices the next time you need to make a purchase.
- Start researching ingredients. That will be your superpower! Once you have a general understating of ingredients, that will help you understand the labels you’re reading at the grocery store. There are even apps you can download, like “Think Dirty” and “Yuka” that can help you decode and understand the labels you’re reading.
- Invest in materials that will help you….like….my new course! That’s right! Coming soon, I’m launching an entire course dedicated to helping you recognize harmful products in your life and how to make the switch to clean living.
I’m dedicating so much time into perfecting this course so that it’s a perfect starting point for those ready to live a clean, holistic lifestyle. It will be an affordable, beginner friendly guide that you’ll have lifetime access to! I’m so excited to share more knowledge with you. Comment on this blog post if you’d like to be notified when it’s available for purchase!
You’ve got this!